Greetings of the season to all.
Things got a little hectic and I missed the November update but December is shaping up nicely. We’ve met all the 2021 goals and deadlines. Celebrate good times!
2021 to 2030 has been designated the Decade of Healthy Aging by the UN World Health Organization. To support the global effort, we will maintain the focus on Creative Aging for the foreseeable future with an increased effort to establish cross-sector partnerships and collaborations. Through our revamped marketing strategies and materials, we will continue to develop and support older adults in their efforts to establish creative communities within existing communities for life enrichment and creative potential..
- The Create @ Home Creativity Kits for the residents in London Middlesex Community Housing senior buildings will be distributed on December 10th. Thanks to volunteers who helped with the assembly line production.
2. The last 2021 Create @ Home online sessions with London Public Library happened on December 6th at 1:30pm. We love working with our London Public Library community partners and the sessions were full with waiting lists.
3. The Create @ Home online sessions with London Public Library will continue through January 10th through February 2022. The program will be re-evaluated in March.
4. The Creative Journaling Series starts online through the Society for Learning in Retirement in January 2022.
5. Kathy will be making presentations about the Create @ Home online series at the Pandemic Proof Programming series organized by the Older Adult Centres’ Association of Ontario on December 8th and January 13th. Thanks for the invite Sue and Julie.
6. Registration for the 2022 Building Bridges Winter Zoomposium co-sponsored by Museum London and funded by New Horizons for Seniors starts right after the Holidays. Thanks to volunteers and community consultants. This year the Symposium is online February 15th, 16th and 17th 2022. The theme is Healthy Aging through Arts and Technology. Enjoy smaller working groups with lots of practical “how to’s.
7. It’s been a crazy year. It’s been a wild ride. We’ll be working with community partners to apply for New Horizons Grants for 2022.
Thanks for all the encouragement. Always learning…….