Building Digital and Arts Bridges with Older Adults
Sponsored by Hamilton’s Centre  for Artistic and Social Practice
Funding provided by Canada Council for the Arts, Digital Strategy Fund
Creative Age Network
Do you work with older adults 50+? Don’t miss our FREE Summer Training Series starting Thursday July 5th 2pm to 4 pm.
Theses are 4 information sessions in this series to help you improve your online facilitation and presentation skills to engage older adults in small group creative practice. Attend one or all.
Who Should Attend?
Older adults, program planners, artists, crafters, instructors, service-providers.
FREE Summer Training Series:
- Facilitation Skills – Introduction July 5th 2pm to 4pm
- An introduction to the concept of facilitation
- Concrete tips on how to facilitate different types of activities and processes
- Insights in ways to engage and involve groups
- Apply adult-learning and social learning principles to the online experience
- Recent research findings
- Connect with and respond to the needs of diverse learners (style, personality, culture, gender, skill level, etc.).
- Create energy and provide interactive, relevant, and experiential online experiences.
- Assess the participants’ needs and adjust the approach to online facilitation accordingly.
- Present training content in a way that is interesting and relevant for participants
- Learn online presentation tools and techniques for high levels of participation with the group, in virtual settings.
- Participants can transfer and apply the skills, concepts, and knowledge to their situation
- (optional) Develop a case study for share with others
Lead Facilitator: Kathy Smith, Creative Age Network