Grassroots, Community-Based Creative Aging Programs
Explore – Connect – Create!
London Ontario Canada and the surrounding area
Current and proposed programs and projects (2019-22)
- heARTful Connections: Strengthening Community Connections through Community-Based Seniors Arts Programs. This has been approved and current – Municipality of Thames Centre and Dorchester VON London-Middlesex.
- The Dorchester Creative Age Art Studio group recently finished the intergenerational art project with students.
- The Dorchester Creative Age Art Studio group recently completed another community mural for the Agricultural Fairgrounds.
- Launched! The Creative Age Mobile Art Studio – inspiring creativity in seniors centres, care homes, housing/residences in London and surrounding area.
- Building Bridges: Connecting Communities is a 1 day professional development conference Municipality of Thames Centre is coming up on Friday, Sept 13th 2019. Confirmed keynote speaker is Pat Spadafora of Kaleidoscope Consulting. BridgeFest follows – an annual and intergenerational community art/food/community festival.
- 2-year Indigenous Legacies Project including Community Engagement Oral History documentation. This project has been approved and current – Museum London funded by London Community Foundation, Community Vitality Grant.
- Intergenerational Mural Project October 1st National Seniors Day with daycare centre and seniors’ centre – approved and current. Creative Age Art Studio, Dorchester Community Centre 2019.
- ArtSage Symposium – National Seniors Day October 1st 2020 proposed and awaiting sponsorship funding
- Healthy Aging Through the Arts – proposed partnership project with Age Friendly London and London Community Housing for 2020. Awaiting funding approval to deliver community-based creative aging programs to older adults in urban community settings.
- Age Friendly Arts and Culture Symposium – proposed for March 2020 and awaiting approval
- Building Creative Aging Bridges in Rural Communities – proposed for 2020 and awaiting funding approval
- 2020 Elder StoryFest – London and Middlesex County proposed awaiting funding approval
- 2021 Intergenerational Arts Festival – partnership development
Recent and Past initiatives 2010 – 2018
Remember When: Reminiscence Pilot Project for Social and Culture Inclusion – Museum London and London Public Library 2018
Creating Connections Symposium: Linking the Past to the Present at the Museum – Museum London 2018
It’s ShowTime: Seniors Outreach Performing Arts Project – Municipality of Thames Centre 2018
Aging Well with the Arts – artist/instructor training program and pilot project collaboration with London Arts Council
ArtSAGE Symposium – Museum London 2015
London Public Library – participatory creative aging workshop series in rotating neighbourhoods (2015 to 2018)
Annual London Creative Age Festivals (2014 to 2018)
London Creative Age Marketplace (2017-2018)
Making the Most of Your Retirement – Rogers tv series London
Creative Arts Adventures – Municipality of Thames Centre 2017
Presentation – Cambridge Social Planning Council 2017
Building Arts-Tech Bridges with Seniors – pilot project 2016 Museum London
Centre at the Forks, Museum London – Project Development, Market Research, 2016 Community Engagement and 3 year Business Plan.
Creative EngAGING Symposium – Keynote and Workshops – 2016 Thunder Bay Art Gallery
Creative Aging: Reading and Writing Fall Workshops 2014 with the Activists and Penn Kemp, Creative Age Festival Writer in Residence
Creative Age Festival 2014 – Meet Your Muse Workshop with Penn Kemp
Process Painting and Multi-Media Collage Studio Workshops 2012 – 2014 (instructions and handouts available)
Arts and Aging Project – London Dearness Home and Long Term Care – all throughout 2010 -2011 (video available)